The WOFEJ Code of Ethics is a declaration of long-lasting principles supporting for the intercultural journalism explanation and position including the other skill papers that address changing journalistic practices such as citizen journalism methods. It is not a set of rules, rather a guide that encourages all who engage in journalism to take responsibility for the information they provide, regardless of extraordinary.
In generally, a code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the social norms and religious rules and responsibilities of, or proper practices for, an individual, party or organization.
1. Whereas the intercultural impunity is taking place between Cultures, or Derived from different cultures the World Federation of Environmental and Intercultural Journalists (WOFEJ) is planning by improving and protecting Journalism skill adages in across the world.
2. Journalists should respect each individual’s human rights and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, social status, family origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, nor will we commit other violations of human rights. Such discrimination will not be tolerated.
3. Journalists should take responsibility for the accuracy of their work. Verify information before releasing it and use original sources whenever possible by avoid undercover or other secret methods of gathering information unless traditional, open methods will not yield information vital to the public.
4. Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story by means of identifying sources clearly. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of sources.
5. Journalists should treat the others the way they want to be treated. This means consider sources’ motives before promising privacy and reserve secrecy for sources that may face danger, revenge or other forms of harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere.
6. Journalists should diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing and be observant and courageous about holding those with power accountable by means of giving voice to the voiceless.
For more details or inquiry you can be reached our Press Freedom and Development Unit at email@example.com .